Smooth chocolate salted crunchy pretzels and popcorn make this a dreamy cake that everyone he will love.
- 250 gr dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp vegan butter ensure is always-based see above that
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 180 g salted snack pretzel
- a handful of sweet popcorn
Note: You can use dairy-free chocolate and popcorn to make it vegan friendly. Vegan butter can have variations in the amount of oil and water it contains. If the water you are using is water base, then it may cause the melted chocolate to seize. Check the back of the top to ensure the largest ingredient in your vegan butter is oil. This will ensure a glossy and runny chocolate sauce.
- Place the chocolate pieces in a large heatproof bowl, then carefully set the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Heat the chocolate stirring occasionally, until melted and glossy.
- And then add the vegan butter and golden syrup and stir until melted and combine.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the pan. Pour in the pretzels and popcorn and stir to ensure they are completely coated in the chocolate.
- Line a small shallow baking tin with baking parchment then spoon the mixture into the tin, pressing it gently to the edges. Smooth over the top with the back of the spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least six hours or overnight until firm and set before slicing into even squares.