Alicia Silverstone is known for her health-focused yet simple diet. She's been vegan for over 20 years and perfected many of her favorite plant-based recipes. Today we share her delicious peanut butter cups.
Alicia, who's the author of The Kind Diet, writes: "Back in the day, I was obsessed with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Now I make this healthier version and they are way better. In fact, I think they are the most ridiculously delicious things in the entire world."
- 0.5 cup Earth Balance butter
- 0.75 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted)
- 0.75 cup graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares
- 0.25 cup maple sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips
- 0.25 cup soy, rice, or nut milk
- 0.25 cup chopped pecans, almonds, or peanuts
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, and maple sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan.
- Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
- They are great soft, but even better a little firmer!
Source: The Kind Life