Learn how to prepare this classic Japanese dish of thick wheat noodles (udon) in a tasty hot broth garnished with crispy chunks of vegetable tempura.
Udon soup broth can be easily prepared from scratch using three simple ingredients that should be staples of any Japanese cuisine kitchen: dashi broth, soy sauce, and mirin. Although the original recipe contains shrimp tempura, ours will skip it to make it vegan.
- 5 cups of water
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of dashi
- 4 tbsp of wakame
- 300 grams of udon noodles
- 1 cup of tempura flour
- 1 1/4 cups of cold water
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 zucchini cut into thin slices
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 1 tbsp of black sesame seeds Frying oil
Step by step for this delicious soup
- Heat the water for the soup.
- Dissolve the soy sauce, the dashi, and the wakame, if it lacks a little salt add it a little.
- Meanwhile, boil the noodles until smooth, add to the broth, and set aside.
- Mix the tempura flour with cold water, add a little salt.
- Roll the Vegetables through the flour, then through the tempura mixture. Fry them in the hot oil until golden. Set them aside on a kitchen roll sheet of paper.
- Serve the soup, place some tempura vegetables on top and sprinkle the sesame seeds.
You may also like this recipe!