Kale is probably one of the healthiest vegetables, the "nutritional powerhouse" of this leafy green vegetable may offer a range of health benefits, so add more to your diet!
Why Kale is a true superfood
Kale, the queen of greens, contains powerful antioxidants, real fiber, calcium, vitamins A, C, E, and K, iron, and a wide range of other nutrients you need to keep your body healthy.
5 benefits of kale
1. Keep bones healthy
Kale contains calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, C, and K which aids in bone loss prevention. It has more calcium than milk and it's considered one of the best vegetables to include in a diet since it has a high content of vitamins that can strengthen and protect your skeleton. Moreover, according to experts, a high intake of vitamin K may help reduce the risk of bone fractures.
2. Good for weight loss
Kale has many properties that are good if you want to lose weight. It is very low in calories but it still helps you feel full and it also has a low energy density, which has been shown to help with weight loss in several studies.
3. Great for digestion
Kale is known for being a great vegetable for digestion and elimination. It contains much fiber and water, which help promote regularity, preventing constipation.
Here is how you can include kale in your diet:
- Raw: Use the leaves and add them to salads, sandwiches, wraps, or smoothies.
- As a side dish: Sauté kale with fresh garlic and onions in olive oil until soft.
- Kale chips: Remove the ribs from the kale and sprinkle them with a combination of cumin, curry powder, chili powder, roasted red pepper flakes, or garlic powder. Bake them for 15–30 minutes at 275°F and enjoy healthy kale chips.
4. Skin and hair care
If you want to look radiant and glowy and wish for pretty hair, just don't forget to eat kale. The antioxidants present in kale can slow down your aging process and improve your skin. For your hair, kale carries iron which can help you to maintain elasticity.
5. An amazing detox
It's a green natural way of detoxifying your body. Fiber helps the body detox by promoting regularity. You can have it in the form of a smoothie or as a juice
Kale smoothie recipe
- Peanut Butter
- Greek yogurt
- Almond milk
- Start blending the kale and almond milk until the kale is as smooth as possible.
- Then add the other ingredients and blend them again.
- For a thinner smoothie, use more almond milk. But if you would like a thicker smoothie, add a few ice cubes.