Are there sweets without eggs, milk, or butter? The answer is yes! There are countless ways to prepare vegan sweets at home. Easy and fast! Today we bring you 3 delicious recipes for you to try. Let's have a look at them:
1 - Puffed rice chocolate bars.
These chocolate bars with puffed rice are delicious, healthy, and very easy to make. They provide you with complex carbs, proteins and are low in fat. Crispy rice and chocolate make a unique and very tasty combination that you can eat at any time of the day. They can even be a good snack before your workout.
- 200 gr of dark chocolate to melt
- 50 gr of puffed rice
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dump the 50 grams of puffed rice along with 4 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Mix well until all the rice is impregnated with the peanut butter and sticks together.
- Now, place parchment paper on a plate and pour all the dough on top.
- Spread the mixture, giving it a rectangular shape and the thickness you desire for your bars.
- Place it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove, and carefully cut it into small shapes. All done! Remember to keep the ones you don't eat in the fridge.
2 - Vegan pumpkin hotcakes
If you want to start the day in a healthy and cruelty-free way, this recipe is for you! These pancakes are made with a pumpkin that provides us with a high content of vitamin C, fiber, and potassium. The pancakes are of Russian origin but being so easy to cook and being versatile, they are consumed in almost every country in the world.
- 250 grams of pumpkin
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of vegetable milk
- ½ teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup + extra.
- Olive oil
- Start by peeling and cutting the pumpkin into small cubes. Cook the pieces in plenty of water or the oven.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, yeast, and cinnamon.
- Once the pumpkin is cooked, add it to the bowl along with the agave syrup and the cup of vegetable milk.
- With a hand mixer, blend the dough until obtaining a smooth and fluid cream.
- Grease a small pan with olive oil and put it to heat over medium-high heat.
- Once it is hot, lower the heat to medium-low and add a generous portion of dough.
- Wait for the dough to brown on the bottom (you will notice it because it will start to make bubbles).
- Turn and brown on the other side. We repeat the process until we finish with all the dough.
3 - Vegan berries ice cream.
This last recipe is great for the summer! You will notice that it is very easy to prepare and for sure you will repeat it once you do it! What makes it healthy are red fruits, which have antioxidants that help fight cholesterol, and prevent cardiovascular disease. Also as they contain vitamin C, it helps us to have our immune system protected.
- 1/2 bowl of frozen red fruits (blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries)
- 1 banana, unfrozen
- 1 mint leaf
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and blend with the hand mixer until you get creamy textured ice cream.
- Serve cold. You may add different kinds of toppings, such as fruit, chocolate chips, syrup, etc.