If you are looking for an alternative to cow’s milk, coconut can be the right choice! Is lower in fat, and can be very nutritious. Learn how to prepare it in simple steps and discover all the benefits!
Coconut milk is a nutritious drink. Rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
Coconut milk benefits:
- Provides energy, because medium-chain fatty acids are rapidly absorbed and used by the body to produce energy.
- Strengthens the immune system, because coconut has bioactive compounds that give it antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Helps control blood glucose, due to its low carbohydrate content.
- Prevents the onset of cramps, as it is rich in potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Does not contain lactose and can be used by people who suffer from lactose intolerance.
In addition to this, coconut milk can promote weight loss and increase metabolism, since it has medium-chain fatty acids, which are usually used by the liver to generate energy, reducing the probability that it is stored as fat in the body.
How to prepare coconut milk.
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 2 cups of water
- Put the grated coconut in a food processor. Heat the water without boiling and pour it over the grated coconut. Leave it for a few minutes so that the coconut hydrates well.
- Then, press the food processor at maximum power, so that the coconut and the water mix well, obtaining a slightly thick paste.
- Pass it through a strainer or through a fine mesh to extract the milk. You can use the leftover to make cookies or cakes.
Banana and coconut milk smoothie.
- 1 glass of coconut milk
- 4 bananas (2 frozen + 2 normal bananas)
- 2 large dates
- ¼ cup of raw almonds
- Ice (to taste)
Toppings: cocoa powder and chopped raw almonds.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender, mix them until you get a creamy texture.
- Finally, place any topping that you like.