I don’t really aim at full coverage when I choose a foundation. In fact, I value lightweight formulas that can offer hydration, vitamins for my skin and SPF, of course. I have tested many types of foundations, bb creams and cc creams, but this one is my number one favorite.
What is the difference between CC and BB cream?
Typically seen next to other multipurpose products like tinted moisturizers, we find BB and CC creams. You may wonder what they actually are. Well, CC stands for “color correcting” and BB stands for “beauty balm,” and while both provide coverage, hydration and skincare formulas, CC creams offer fuller coverage and a matte finish.
BB creams typically have a more lightweight texture and as they provide sheer coverage, they are great for “no makeup” makeup looks.
Benefits of BB Cream
- They contain skin protectants: vitamins and antioxidants,
- They are hydrating as they usually contain hyaluronic acid, glycerin, panthenol or ceramides.
- BB creams usually offer mineral SPF
- They are also packed with brighteners and skin firming agents such as peptides, hydrolyzed collagen
Benefits of CC Creams
- They have a fuller coverage, they are thicker than BB creams and they are specifically created to correct redness, dullness, undereye circles, uneven skin tone, brown spots or acne scarring. Its benefits are quite similar to that of BB creams, but focusing on anti-aging properties and might also include some soothing agents like green tea, soy or shea butter.
- CC cream is great for oily skin and acne-prone skin, while BB creams are more hydrating and they work best in dry skin.
- I’m not a fan of a traditional foundation, I feel as if at the end of the day heavy foundation makes me look older, so, CC cream is an amazing choice for my mixed skin and my dark circles.
My favorite CC cream is CC Crème SPF25 by Erborian, it comes in three shades Doré, Caramel and Clair and I absolutely love everything about it. It makes my face glow, it minimizes my pores, evens out my skin tone, it is super hydrating and provides sun protection.
I love the fact that when you apply it looks like a normal moisturizer as you work it into the skin it changes its color to match your complexion it adapts to all skin tones! On top of that, it is lightweight and comfortable, in fact, I have been using it for 4 years and I really enjoy the “no-makeup” look I can achieve with it.
On top of it feeling great –and looking great– on my skin it has Centella Asiatica and Adénosine powerful anti-aging agents and Vitamin B3.
This article is not sponsored.
You may also like this article!