Yucca has gained popularity in the beauty industry recently and no wonder why! So what does yucca extract do to your hair?
First things first, yucca is a tree-like plant originally from Mexico, not to be confused with the starchy root yuca. Let’s dig into what yucca extract can do to your hair.
Benefits of using yucca extract on your hair
- Yucca is a natural cleanser that has foaming agents without the need for sulfates. Actually, indigenous people use this plant to make soap, it was called the “soap root,” it also has a high content of polyphenols which are powerful antioxidants that neutralize free radicals and strengthen your hair as a consequence.
- It good replacement for damaging cleansing agents. Yucca has natural surfactants that are called saponins that clean the hair and it is a natural antiseptic too.
- It doesn’t strip the hair from natural oils, thus it promotes more hydrated hair.
- It fights oxidative stress, dryness and neutralizes free radicals.
- It is also great for your scalp as it has anti-inflammatory properties, it gets rid of the excess oil and it is a natural exfoliator.
- It is safe and effective for all hair types.
How to use it
You can press the roots, stems and leaves to extract the juice mechanically, but it is easier to find it on the market.
Here is how Navajo Grandma shows us how to prepare Yucca to use as soap to wash our hair!