In case you did not know, there are several hair care products that have been infused with caffeine, from hair masks to shampoos and conditioners, but can caffeine make your hair grow?
Caffeine is known for stimulating blood flow, and it can do so for your scalp, why is that important? Because poor blood irrigation leads to hair loss, dryness, and hair thinning.
Caffeine naturally counteracts a hormone that is responsible for hair loss. It also encourages your hair to continue growing, the same way minoxidil does. It is great for hair loss prevention and it aids your strands to grow longer and thicker. But here's the thing, it takes about 3 months of use for it to start working.
If you want to DIY your caffeinated hair care product, here is an idea!
Coffee hair rinse
- ½ cup of cold-brewed coffee.
- A spray bottle
- Wash your hair as you would normally do, condition and then, pour the cold-brewed coffee into the bottle.
- Spray your mane with it and massage your scalp for a couple of minutes.
- Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- You can repeat it once a week to see the results!