Oatmeal is not only the perfect breakfast food, but it is actually a good addition to your skincare routine. This is how to prepare an oatmeal bath.
First things first, in order to do this bath, it's necessary to create colloidal oatmeal -you can also buy it, but here's a simple way to create it.
How to prepare colloidal oatmeal
1. In a blender or coffee grinder, grind regular oatmeal until it's a fine powder so it won't sink to the bottom of the tub and avoid clogging pipes.
2. Try stirring a tablespoon of powder on a glass of water to see if it turns into a silky liquid, if it doesn't dissolve, you need to further grind it.
How to prepare an oatmeal bath
1. Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add 1 cup of colloidal oatmeal under the running tap to help it mix.
2. Use your hands to mix it it should feel milky and silky on your skin.
3. Soak for about 10 minutes to release your skin.
5. Rinse off your skin with fresh lukewarm water and pat yourself with a dry towel. Moisturize and glow!
Colloidal oatmeal can protect skin and soothe irritation in your skin, it acts as a buffer and helps maintain surface pH. Oatmeal is a skin protectant that helps the skin retain moisture and treat issues such as eczema, dermatitis, insect bites and psoriasis.