If your hair is damaged, it's time for a conditioning treatment. Here's a list of the best conditioning masks you can try at home with natural ingredients. Take note!
You don't need to spend a lot of money to take care of your skin, that's a sham. We can all maintain a skincare routine with the ingredients we have at home and achieve the same results as expensive hair treatments.
The best homemade deep conditioner masks for damaged hair
1) Mayonnaise mask:
- Mayonnaise is rich in proteins, vitamins, and fatty acids that help hair look healthier in general.
- The vinegar present in mayonnaise will reduce dandruff, it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and it’ll help maintain the pH level of the scalp –by restoring the pH balance the hair becomes stronger and healthier.
- Vegetable oils prevent hair damage.
- Proteins in mayonnaise will fill the gaps on the hair strands and repair it.
- Mix 1 cup of mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Spread the mask evenly onto your hair and wrap your hair with a shower cap or plastic wrap for 20 minutes
- Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual
2) Coconut milk mask:
Coconut oil contains fatty acids which make it easily absorbed by the hair and it is great to prevent protein loss –hair is mainly made of keratin, a type of protein.
It prevents hair damage as it coats the hair and makes it softer and smoother, therefore reducing the friction caused by styling.
It will help your hair grow longer as it reduces breakage, protects it from protein loss, the sun, wind and smoke.
- Use the coconut milk in your hair and massage into your hair and scalp well
- Let it work for about 10 to 20 minutes or even longer if you have really bad split ends and dried out hair.
- Then rinse your hair out
3) Egg yolk mask:
It helps your hair grow faster as it contains vitamins A, E, iron and other nutrients that can be absorbed by the root of your hair –new hair will grow out stronger and less likely to break or shed.
The moisturizing properties of the egg yolk will keep your hair hydrated and improve the appearance and texture of your hair.
- Massage your hair with ½ cup of beaten egg yolk
- Leave it in your hair for at least 15-20 minutes
- Then rinse your hair out
- After rising, shampoo and condition your hair as usual
In order to get the most effective results out of your deep conditioner, apply an ample amount of it to your hair. If you have these ingredients at home, you don't need to spend a lot of money and you'll notice that the results are fabulous!
Must-try natural protein and antioxidant hair masks for every hair type
You may also like this article!