Have you ever thought about cleaning your makeup brushes? Giving them a correct washing session time to time is a must if you want to prevent any harm on your face.
Preventing acne, avoid germs and bacteria are just some of the reasons why you should give a proper cleaning to your makeup brushes. Besides, you will contribute to making them last longer. Cleaning them becomes an essential step to safe makeup. Learn to wash them correctly!
An economical option: water and soap
You can easily wash your makeup brushes at home with water and soap or even with shampoo.
- Grab an exfoliating glove or a towel where you can place the soap and some drops of soap or shampoo. You will get foam.
- Get your brushes one by one and rub them on the palm of your hand in circular motions.
- You can use the same foam for all the brushes you have.
- In the case of sponges, wash them with water and soap, rinse and let them dry.
Using a product of your preference
Another option is to use specific products for cleaning makeup brushes. Some of them are sprays. You should apply some spray on each brush, remove the excess with a paper, and let them dry. Make sure they do not touch one another.
Ps! Extra tips ahead
- You can wash your makeup brushes once a week, but for a safe makeup you can do it every time you use them
- For better drying, leave them in a horizontal position instead of a vertical.
- Choose a case where you can place them correctly and let them keep their form. Make sure you keep them in a dry place.