Natural, organic skincare is great for the environment, your budget and your skin too. Plus, it has the added joy of having created it yourself. This homemade anti-aging serum is something you should try!
First things first, aging is a natural process and it will eventually happen. But you can, slow the process down and age gracefully. You don't really need to spend lots of money to get results.
This is a recipe, but you can actually change it to suit your needs.
Ingredients and their properties
- 2 Tablespoons of rosehip oil. I love rosehip oil because it has a smooth thin texture and it is not greasy at all. Rosehip oil is great to fight eczema, rosacea, dermatitis, psoriasis, it reduces skin redness and its molecules are small enough to penetrate deep into the skin -this improves collagen levels and nourishes the skin.
- 2 Drops of lavender essential oil which is great for skin conditions, moisture the skin's barrier and is also anti-inflammatory.
- 1 Drop of carrot seed essential oil. Carrot seed oil is packed with antioxidants and it's perfect for mature skin. It also has vitamin E and C which work perfectly to regenerate your skin.
- 5 Drops of essential oil of rose geranium which has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties. It also promotes skin healing, reduces wrinkles, and boosts skin cells regeneration.
- Mix all the ingredients in a dark glass container and shake until all the oils have mixed.
- Apply 4 or 5 drops onto your face every morning and before going to bed.