Charcoal masks work as a magnet for surface bacteria, toxins, dirt, oil, and other particles from the pores. Try this DIY charcoal mask for every skin type.
If there is something I learned after the pandemic, is that I absolutely love all DIY skincare and hair care products. It's fun, you know what ingredients you are using and it is surely inexpensive.
But it might be a little bit tricky to find the ingredients that work according to your skin type.
Charcoal masks are effective when unclogging pores and eliminating bacteria. This will be the base face mask and you'll be choosing your added ingredient according to your skin type.
- 1 tablespoon of activated charcoal
- 1 tablespoon of clay powder
- 2 tablespoons of water
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and add one of these ingredients according to your skin type:
- If you have acne, add a tablespoon of greek yogurt or 2 drops of tea tree oil -it will decrease redness and inflammation.
- For oily skin add 2 drops of lavender or rose oil for a calming effect.
- For dry skin add a small amount of Vaseline and for combination skin a few drops of chamomile tea -this will reduce redness and add glow.