If you hate hair static and you don't know how to get rid of it, these home remedies might be just what you need!
Flyaways, frizz, hair static, call it whatever you want to call it, if you are like me, you might sometimes find it a bit annoying. But don't worry, you can actually tame your mane.
Hair static explained
Static electricity happens when your hair receives negatively charged extra electrons, so when certain material rubs against your hair these negative charges hop onto the hair and the strands repel each other -like magnets!
Damaged hair is more prone to static because it needs moisture to repel electric charges -add some friction like hats or scarves and that's the perfect recipe for hair static.
Prevent hair static
- Keep your hair moisturized, the drier the hair, the more prone to static.
- Apply hydrating hair masks regularly.
- Instead of a towel, choose a soft microfiber to dry your hair -it will create less static.
- Stay away from plastic combs that can increase hair static, instead, choose bamboo or wood combs.
- Silk or satin pillowcases prevent friction, thus it will make your hair less prone to static.
How to fix hair static
- Use a dryer sheet to rub it against your hair, it will eliminate static.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to hydrate your hair and prevent static in the first place.
- Wet your fingertips and smooth your hair to restore the charge balance.