If you want to reap the benefits of mother nature with ingredients you have at home, you've come to the right place. These 5 DIY skincare treatments will make you glow like a star.
You are at home and you want to pamper your skin a bit, but you haven't picked any store-bought mask. Don't fret, here are 5 super simple DIY skincare treatments that you can do with ingredients you already have at home.
1. Anti-aging face mask
Hydration is one of the most important tools you have against skin sagging. To replenish the moisture and give the skin a youthful appearance you can use cocoa. This is what you'll need:
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (it works as an antioxidant)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (it hydrates your skin)
- 1 egg white (it tightens the skin)
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream (it is a gentle exfoliator)
- Combine all the ingredients and apply the mask to the face.
- Once it has dried, rinse and apply your moisturizer of choice. You'll immediately feel your face plump and smooth.
2. Skincare for your hands
Your hands also need some attention, especially if you work with your hands. To do so, heat 2 cups of whole milk until it's warm and let your hands soak in them for 5 to 10 minutes. Vitamins A and E will nourish dry skin and the fat will hydrate your skin.
3. Brightenining face mark
To regulate the skin's pH and remove excess oil this mask is perfect.
- 3 teaspoons ground oats
- 1/4 teaspoon of apple cider
- 1/4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 brown sugar
Just combine the oats and the apple cider until you get a smooth paste, then add the other ingredients and stir. Apply to your cleanse skin and leave for 10 minutes. Rub in circular motions and rinse.
4. Detox face mask for glow
For a boost of vitamin C and protection from free radicals, this super simple face mask is for you.
- a tablespoon of crushed ripe blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of cucumber juice
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of water
Combine all the elements apply onto your skin and leave for up to 15 minutes, rinse and moisturize. Be ready to glow!
5. Face toner
This face toner will help fight acne and soothe redness.
- 1 teaspoon of peppermint tea leaves
- 4 tablespoons of white tea leaves
- 2 drops of lavender oil.
Combine all the ingredients and brew them in 1/2 cup of distilled water. Let it sit for 10 minutes until its cool spray it on your face and store in the fridge.