We are sometimes overwhelmed with the number of skincare products available in the market. Here’s my personal easy-to-follow routine for healthy-looking skin with simple products.
I have tried countless products to enhance my skin, and over the years I have taken up a few habits that have kept my skin healthy and glowy.
If you are new to skincare routines, this is a simple way to start looking after your skin and to incorporate simple steps to prevent your skin from aging.
Products you will need:
- Micellar water
- Hyaluronic acid serum or Vitamin C serum
- Peel off mask
- Baking soda and baby shampoo (yes! Baking soda and baby shampoo)
Morning and night routine
1. Start every day by cleansing your face with micellar water. Don’t forget to rinse your skin afterward.
2. Apply hyaluronic acid serum or Vitamin C. If you happen to have both, first apply a layer of the vitamin C serum and then the hyaluronic acid serum. I alternate both products and sometimes use both. Hyaluronic acid will hydrate your skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and vitamin C helps reduce redness and under-eye dark circles.
3. Apply any moisturizer to help seal the serums.
4. Finish with sunblock, even if you are not going out!
5. At night, repeat the morning routine without applying sunblock.
Once a week: Exfoliate
1. First, cleanse your face with micellar water, then get ready to exfoliate. Of course, you can buy any face scrub that you prefer. In my routine, as I love DIY, and this has proved to be one of my favorite scrubs of all times, use my personal recipe –I’ve been using it for 5 years now!
For the DIY face scrub:
Mix 2 parts of baking soda with 1 part of baby shampoo –because of its hypoallergenic properties– I sometimes add some drops of almond oil or coconut oil for scent. Blend it with a spoon in a small jar until it becomes a smooth paste and then apply gently to your face and neck in circles. This will help get rid of dead skin cells and improve your face texture.
2. Peel-off mask: After exfoliating –and please be gentle, we don’t want to harm our skin–, I usually apply a peel-off mask to extract any additional skin impurity.
3. Then wash your face and repeat the daily routine!