Ever though of throwing in the towel while doing housework?
Ironing, disinfecting bathrooms, washing dishes or cleaning the windows are among the tasks that we despise the most yet can’t fully get rid of. Fortunately, there are some tricks to make them easier and save you some time.
- An excellent trick to avoid ironing clothes is to take them out of the washing machine as soon as the washing cycle is finished and dry them on hangers. You can turn the trousers inside out so the pockets dry well too.
- Another trick is to hang the items in the bathroom while you’re taking the shower. The steam will remove creases from most light fabrics. If all else fails, invest in a steamer. It’s much more compact than an iron and does not require as much time. You can even take it with you on vacation!
- You would be surprised to see the amount of time and money you can save using this simple yet magical product - white vinegar. In a spray bottle, mix one cup of white vinegar with water and a couple of drops of your favourite essential oil and you've got yourself a great multi-purpose cleaner. To clean the bathtub for instance, just spray the vinegar and water mix and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Then rinse and enjoy your clean bathtub.
- A mix of vinegar and baking soda will create a foam that removes tea and coffee stains and makes an excellent oven cleaner.
- If you wipe the fridge shelves every two days or so, it will be easier for you when you have to clean them thoroughly, and the vinegar is once again a great help to remove water marks and prevent mold from forming.
- Lack of time or motivation drives us to ready meals and take away. No more. If we plan our weekly menu, the task will become less burdensome and things will get even better with the help of our mobile phones. How? There are many apps that make this task easier, you can not only organize the menus, but also discover recipes that will make your life easier. Try Mealime, Food Print or Yummly.
- Batch cooking, freezing meals and prepping your food on weekends (such as washing and chopping the vegetable and cooking your rice and quinoa for the week) are also great time savers.
- Cooking extra portions to take for lunch the following day is a total game-changer. You’ll know exactly what’s in your food and save some time and money while at it.
- If cleaning the whole flat on the same day feels like an eternity, then why not split the days? Knowing you ony have to clean one specific room is way more motivating and manageable! Just play your favorite music and you'll be done before you know it!