Meditation for kids is one of the most useful tools for many parents these days. Here we share with you a guide of recommendations that will help you.
In times of confinement, all people have been altered by all these changes, especially children. They need to relax in order to sleep well. Teaching children how to meditate early on can help them manage unwanted emotions in a socially acceptable and therapeutic way.
Meditating regularly will allow your children to sleep, focus, memorize, become more creative, help regulate their mood and manage stress.
Meditation is highly recommended to reach a state of relaxation. One of the good things about meditation is that It takes only a few minutes, and kids will be able to enjoy a moment of peace.
How to meditate with kids
Make sure you pick a place that is calm, quiet, ventilated, with a comfortable temperature and good lighting.
The most comfortable position is to lie on your back on a mat, or you can place a couple of large towels, one on top of the other on the floor. Arms and legs should be stretched out, palms up and back straight. You can also sit comfortably in a chair, with your feet on the floor, your back very straight and your hands on your knees.
Use quiet songs that are harmonious for the ears. Music that helps us relax is also important to create a comfortable environment for meditation.
Practice some yoga postures such as the tree, cobra or bear. Choose the one you and your children prefer.
It is important to protect children's mental health so that they feel better and can be physically healthy.
Benefits of meditation for children
- It helps them to calm down.
- It helps to have more concentration.
- They will feel better and be more responsible.
- They will have less anxiety and less stress.
- They will sleep better.
- They will be less impulsive.
- They will have more self-esteem, confidence and self-assurance.
- They will improve their academic performance.
- They will improve your social relationships. Show more empathy and gratitude.
- Their immune system will improve.
- They will be less violent.
You may also like this article!