Easy to find in stores, it has been here for a while and it boasts whooping benefits for the hair and skin. People have been using almond oil to moisturize the skin and help treat conditions such as eczema for years, see what else almond oil has in store for you.
We already know that almonds are a satisfying food with many potential health benefits when eaten. The oil that comes from pressing these delicious tree nuts is commonly used as a natural ingredient in skin and hair care, but few people realize that it may also be good for your health.
This article uncovers how almond oil may benefit your health and how it can be used as a multipurpose, non-toxic beauty treatment.
"Almond oil stimulates collagen. It is enriched with vitamin E which makes it great for both skin and hair. Those who have oily skin can use 2-3 drops of almond oil and apply it on their skin once a week. For dry skin I would recommend a few drops of almond oil massaged onto the skin 2-3 times a week. Also note that topical application of almond oil on facial skin should not exceed more than thrice a week as it can clog pores and trigger acne", Dr. Deepali Bharadwaj, a Delhi-based dermatologist and beauty expert.
8 Benefits of almond oil for hair, face, and skin
1. Almond oil is excellent for treating dandruff and hair damage
2. It also keeps scalp infections and inflammation in check
3. It is enriched with Vitamins E and A, which are good for both skin and hair health
4. It can be used to treat acute skin infections like psoriasis and eczema
5. It acts as a skin nourisher facilitating skin lightening and tan removal
6. Its topical application can prove to be the best natural remedy for chapped lips, wrinkles, cracked heels, dry feet, and hands
7. Sweet almond oil can also be used in cooking
8. Almond oil can also be used to massage the body and facilitate muscle relaxation
If you want to try making it at home, here is how to!
You may also like this article!