A trip to India was all it took for Victoria to realise that meditation is not a fancy word for sitting around in silence. It truly changed Victoria’s life to a less stressful and more mindful one. Now a freelance consultant and journalist, Victoria joined KOKO to share her knowledge on those little things that are life so much better, and cosier.+ info
Ahorrar agua no es tan complicado como pensabas. Solo necesitas recordar algunos tips y ya podrás estar colaborando con el cuidado del medio ambiente.
For some years now, the environment and sustainability are two issues that have acquired great importance, both on the agendas of world political leaders and citizens. The problem of the hole in the ozone layer, the decrease in natural resources, and the neglect of human beings in the face of energy sources, water, and wind caused countries to call for a state of alert.
Water is one of our most precious natural resources. Although it seems to be inexhaustible, this is not real and, therefore, we must take care of it. Not just for us, but also for generations to come.
Tips to save water in the kitchen
• Run the tap water just to rinse the dishes and turn off the tap while you lather them.
• Prevent taps from dripping when you are not using them.
• Use the dishwasher only when it is completely full and using a water-saving program.
• Wash fruits and vegetables in a container and not under the running tap. You can do the same to defrost food.
• Use the water from the previous point to water the plants.
• Soak pots and pans for a few minutes before scrubbing to avoid disproportionate waste of water.
Tips to save water in the bathroom
• Turn off the tap while you shave or brush your teeth.
• Turn off the shower while you wash your hair.
• Take a shower instead of a bath and don't spend too much time in the shower. If possible, reduce the duration by a couple of minutes.
Tips to save water in the garden
• Water the lawn and plants in the morning or at night, avoiding the hours of greatest water evaporation.
• Check for leaks in taps, hoses, water pumps… Being in the garden it is easy for us not to notice if there is a fault.
• Use a broom instead of the hose to clean exteriors and sweep leaves.
• Hand water small areas and larger areas with sprinklers. Program the latter and use them efficiently following the manufacturer's advice.
• Keep the lawn clean of vegetation and shrubs, especially in slopes and areas that are more difficult to water.
While it is true that it can be difficult to learn all these tips by heart, practice will make them easier and easier. We must remember that if we take care of water in all its forms we are helping to prolong the life of the planet. If you think these tips were useful, follow our related articles.