A trip to India was all it took for Victoria to realise that meditation is not a fancy word for sitting around in silence. It truly changed Victoria’s life to a less stressful and more mindful one. Now a freelance consultant and journalist, Victoria joined KOKO to share her knowledge on those little things that are life so much better, and cosier.+ info
Exercising, meditating, talking to the ones you love, or just smiling are some of those things you may do automatically but that actually trigger your life.
People often recommend that you should practice Yoga or do a Feng Shui renovation at home to feel better. But how about just doing some simple things to make you feel better? Just because. Because smiling is better than being grumpy.
1. Call someone. How long has it been since you've called anyone? Talk, sit down, have a cup of coffee or tea, and just talk to your loved ones. Meaningful conversations are those in which we are authentic and intimate, open, listen without fear of censure, and intentionally focused on what wants to emerge from each of us. True friends listen to you. The others hear you. The best way to become a good conversationalist is by being a good listener.
2. Day off: not impossible. The world does not come to an end if you take a day off, especially a day you know will be quiet. These days off can help you relax and distance yourself from the dynamics of your work, and are expected to allow you to generate many ideas for new projects. One day off can turn into two weeks of increased productivity. When we get tired, we become careless and any task takes us longer to complete.
3. Let your voice flow... sing or shout: in the shower, cooking, walking. No matter what voice you have, the idea is to release stress through music. Maybe you have heard since you were little that your thing was not to sing, or maybe you are a little ashamed to do it, but if you do it regularly, even in the shower, or maybe you dedicate yourself to it in your moments free, you should know that it brings many benefits for health and for the mood. It doesn't matter if you do it right or wrong, if you are capable of toning or not, your health will benefit equally.
4. Exercise: it triggers all the endorphins at the same time. As soon as you start breathing in the middle of the trees, you will feel the smile coming from your lips. Regular exercise is good for your health and can help you lose weight. But if you're like many Americans, you spend a lot of time busy, have a sedentary job, and don't exercise regularly. The good news is that it is never too late to start. You can start small and find ways to get more physical activity in your life. To get the most benefit, you should try to get the recommended amount of exercise for your age.
5. Meditate: about 10 minutes a day is enough. Concentrate on the present moment, on your breathing, on your feelings. With time you will get better and be to relax completely. The benefits of meditation are very varied and its practice can help us on numerous occasions. Thanks to meditation we can relax, because it does not consist of concentrating or focusing on thoughts. Rather the complete opposite. It is about letting go and letting go of the mind, achieving peace of mind. The advantage of meditation is that you can practice many different ways and that most do not require specialized equipment or a lot of space. To practice it you only need a few minutes a day.
6. Smile: do it all day long. Smile at the people you meet on your way and at yourself. Just smiling will make you happier. Smiling rejuvenates, oxygenates, cleanses, eliminates stress, and improves relationships with others. By smiling, we eliminate endorphins, it makes us nice people, we exercise, it increases confidence, it is good for the skin, it balances the mood, improves digestion, and makes us live longer. When we laugh we feel better and more comfortable, in addition to favoring our health. We give you several reasons why you will want to smile every day.
Nothing you have tried yet? So this is your time. Follow our tips and you´ll find yourself healthier and younger. For more related tips and advice read our further articles.