A trip to India was all it took for Victoria to realise that meditation is not a fancy word for sitting around in silence. It truly changed Victoria’s life to a less stressful and more mindful one. Now a freelance consultant and journalist, Victoria joined KOKO to share her knowledge on those little things that are life so much better, and cosier.+ info
If you want to be healthy, training and following a diet are not the only helpful steps. There are also other alternatives. Check these 11 habits out!
Having a healthy life requires time and effort. It is not just about exercising regularly or maintaining a healthy diet. There are other variables to consider that have to do with personal care, thinking, and sexual health.
Being healthy also means changing your lifestyle. There are 11 simple steps that you can follow to achieve this.
1. Healthy eating. It is important to eat a balanced diet, regularly consume foods with low energy density, such as fruits and vegetables, with a low content of animal fat and salts.
2. Body training. Taking care of personal hygiene is essential, brushing your teeth after each meal and washing your hands frequently are some of the basic suggestions.
3. Physical activity. While exercising means a programmed and structured movement; physical activity is any body movement, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is advisable to do at least 30 minutes of physical activity 4 or 5 times a week.
4. Up-to-date vaccination schedule. The preventive culture of vaccination is very basic in health because with it high-risk diseases can be fought.
5. Stop smoking. Getting away from this habit brings many benefits; In any case, if you still have it, you should try to do it in open places and away from pregnant women and children.
6. Moderate the consumption of alcoholic beverages. If these types of beverages are consumed, it is necessary to promote responsible consumption that does not represent a risk to health.
7. No to drugs. The consumption of these types of substances should be avoided.
8. Don't self-medicate. It is important to stop this bad habit and go to the doctor when you are sick.
9. Think healthy. Psychosocial factors such as family, work, and school are also vitally important for healthy development. Health is not only physical, but it is also essential to stay in harmony inside.
10. Sexual health. If you have an active sex life, it is important to act responsibly, knowingly, and being well informed.
11. Safe roads. This measure is useful for both pedestrians and motorists. Crossing through the indicated places, using the bridges, and driving respecting all traffic signals, are basic aspects.