A trip to India was all it took for Victoria to realise that meditation is not a fancy word for sitting around in silence. It truly changed Victoria’s life to a less stressful and more mindful one. Now a freelance consultant and journalist, Victoria joined KOKO to share her knowledge on those little things that are life so much better, and cosier.+ info
If you want to be healthy, training and following a diet are not the only helpful steps. There are also other alternatives. Check these 11 habits out!
Having a healthy life requires time and effort. It is not just about exercising regularly or maintaining a healthy diet. There are other variables to consider that have to do with personal care, thinking, and sexual health. It means that being healthy is also work you have to do if you want to get results both in the short and long terms.
Being healthy also means changing your lifestyle. In the beginning, it may not be pleasant or fun enough but with the time you will get used to it and find it extremely challenging. There are 11 simple steps that you can follow to achieve this.
1. Healthy eating. It is important to eat a balanced diet, regularly consume foods with low energy density, such as fruits and vegetables, with a low content of animal fat and salts. The important thing is that you can find a way to include almost all foods in your healthy eating plan and still lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. The key is to be consistent and always make healthy choices in your diet. By always choosing healthy options, you can develop better eating habits over time.
2. Physical activity. While exercising means a programmed and structured movement; physical activity is any body movement, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is advisable to do at least 30 minutes of physical activity 4 or 5 times a week. Carrying out regular and systematic physical activity has proven to be a very beneficial practice in the prevention, development, and rehabilitation of health while helping character, discipline, and decision-making in everyday life.
3. Up-to-date vaccination schedule. The preventive culture of vaccination is very basic in health because with it high-risk diseases can be fought. Vaccines constitute one of the health measures that has produced the greatest benefit and continues to produce humanity, they prevent diseases that previously caused major epidemics, deaths, and sequelae.
4. Stop smoking. Getting away from this habit brings many benefits; In any case, if you still have it, you should try to do it in open places and away from pregnant women and children. Like any addiction, quitting tobacco is difficult, especially if you do it alone. There are many ways to quit smoking and many resources that can help you. Talk to your healthcare provider about nicotine replacement therapy and smoking cessation medications.
5. Moderate the consumption of alcoholic beverages. If these types of beverages are consumed, it is necessary to promote responsible consumption that does not represent a risk to health. Keep in mind that even moderate alcohol consumption is not without risks. For example, even light drinkers (those who do not have more than one drink a day) have a tiny but real increased risk of developing some types of cancer, such as esophageal cancer. And drinking and driving is never a good idea.
6. No to drugs. The consumption of these types of substances should be avoided. Dependence or addiction changes you, just there is a priority and it is consumption, friends, group, family, hobbies,
etc. they go into the background, you can pass all that!
7. Don't self-medicate. It is important to stop this bad habit and go to the doctor when you are sick. Consuming medications without a prescription can have mild or severe consequences on the body of those who consume them. Many medications have side effects on their own or when they interact with other substances and medications. For this reason, when the doctor is visited, he asks a series of questions to know the patient's health status and determine the ideal treatment for his or her ailment.
8. Think healthy. Psychosocial factors such as family, work, and school are also vitally important for healthy development. Health is not only physical, but it is also essential to stay in harmony inside. Some studies show that personality traits like optimism and pessimism can affect many areas of your health and well-being. The positive thinking that often comes with optimism is a key part of effective stress management. And effective stress management is associated with many health benefits.
9. Sexual health. If you have an active sex life, it is important to act responsibly, knowingly, and being well informed. As the body ages, brain cells shrink. It is the law of life. Now, according to the latest studies, the higher the sex, the more new brain cells. That is, the more active sex life you have, the more brain cells you will produce. That is why it is often said that having an active sex life helps prevent dementia and all diseases related to cell deterioration, such as Alzheimer's.
Now that you know about these wonderful habits that will surely improve your health and lifestyle, how long are you going to wait to change your life? Check our related articles for more info.