This vegan recipe is prepared in a few minutes and you'll for sure make a good impression on your friends! It is a healthier version because it does not contain eggs or meat. This recipe is a combination of two. The perfect sauce and pasta. Find out how to prepare it here!
This dish is delicious for any palate, and without a doubt, the mushrooms together with the mustard give it an exquisite flavor. You must make sure that the sauce is very creamy so that it gives it a more solid texture. In this recipe we use pasta, but you can make the sauce and add it to rice, cannelloni, or any other dish. Also if you like alcohol, you can add white wine, but we prefer to make it healthier and skip this ingredient.
Mushrooms are a good option to replace meat. They have a distinctive flavor that when cooked correctly adds a tasty and particular touch to any dish. In less than forty minutes you will have a vegan dish full of flavor and very nutritious. Let's start!
You will need:
- 300 gr of gluten-free pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of cornstarch
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 450 gr of fresh mushrooms sliced
- 3 tbsp of yeast flakes
- 1 cup (maybe more) of vegetable broth (200 ml approx)
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of dijon mustard
- 180 ml of almond milk
- Paprika powder (to taste)
- Thyme leaves (to taste)
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- Start by cooking the pasta according to the package instructions.
- While you are cooking pasta start making the creamy vegan mushroom stroganoff sauce.
- Fry onion in a pot with the olive oil. Then add the minced garlic and sliced mushrooms. Fry everything for 5 minutes until mushrooms release their juices.
- Next, add the 3 tbsp of cornstarch, the cup of vegetable broth, and soy sauce. Get sure the sauce gets thicken. If not add more cornstarch. (you can also use flour, but this is a gluten-free version)
- Add the 2 tbsp of dijon mustard and if you like some cheesy taste, incorporate yeast flakes.
- Finally, add the almond milk. Keep the stove set in medium and stir well.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and paprika powder. Cook for 3 minutes or until you get the desired consistency