Struggling to control your fast food cravings? These 10 hacks will save tons of calories

Struggling to control your fast food cravings? These 10 hacks will save tons of calories

Comfort food, how we love it! The good news is that you don't have to do completely without it, these 10 hacks will save you tons of calories. 

If you are trying to eat healthy food and you are struggling to control your comfort food cravings, you don't really need to do completely without it, these 10 hacks will save tons of calories and are just as healthy. 

1. Eat a hamburger, do without the bun

I have to say that I eat hamburgers more times a week than I'd like to admit. But if only you lost the bun you'd be cutting off 160 calories from your meal. Try vegan or vegetarian options and you'll be doing without all the saturated fat and you'll be doing the planet a favor

Eat a hamburger, do without the bun

2. Healthy brownies

Brownies are one of the number one food cravings. But if you replaced the oil or butter with greek yogurt, you can save 100 calories! Or you can totally try this no-bake vegan brownie

Healthy brownies

3. Mashed potatoes healthy substitute

Mashed potatoes rank high on my list of comfort food cravings. If you want to cut some carbs, you can mash steam cauliflower with a bit of vegetable milk and garlic and it will be rich and creamy. 

Mashed potatoes healthy substitute

4. Vegan spaghetti bolognese

If you want to add some healthy proteins, minerals, and vitamins, you can swap the meat for lentils or a vegetable substitute. 

Here are some ideas!

5. Veggie pasta

You can satisfy your pasta cravings with some zucchini noodles, tasty, nutritious and super simple!

6. Any sweet dish

You can use dates to replace sugar in all of your recipes. If they are too dry, just soak them until they are hydrated and process them in a food processor and voilá! They are perfect for cookies, brownies, truffles, and pancakes. 

Any sweet dish

7. Keep the dip, ditch the nacho

You can use carrots, celery, cucumbers, or any other vegetable to dip in your favorite dip. Just go for guacamole, hummus, or any other veggie sauce to save some extra calories.

8. Roasted carrots instead of roasted potatos

Swap your side carb-packed french fries or roasted potatoes, for roasted carrots and you'll be saving at least 300 calories. 

9. Healthy sandwich

Do away with the cheese and mayonnaise, and load all your veggies in a bun with guacamole or carrot hummus instead. 

Healthy sandwich

10. Cream, but not cream

When replacing cream, you can use aquafaba for sweet and some savory cold dishes and potato to make your soups or any hot sauce thicker and creamier. 

Cream, but not cream

Aniela Dybiec

Aniela is a writer who loves art, makeup, and magick. She is also an amateur illustrator, a wellness fan and a vegetarian.+ info

Related Articles

More News

More News