Ideal if you are short on time. Fast, simple, and delicious.
Let's get started!
Time 65 Minutes
1. Make seitan meat
1. Clean and cut the peppers into 1.5 cm squares. Mince the garlic. Add a little oil in a hot pot and fry the peppers and garlic for 5 minutes.
2. While the peppers are cooking, clean the mushrooms and drain the chickpeas.
3. Add the mushrooms and garlic to the pot and sauté with the peppers for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, cut the seitan into 2 cm pieces.
2. Vegetable Stew
4. Add the crushed tomato and the seitan, stir and allow to fry for 2-3 minutes until you see that the tomato has lost the water.
5. Add the vegetable stock to cover the vegetables and the seitan, add the paprika, ginger, barbecue seasoning, lemon peel, and bay leaves.
6. Cover and let cook for about 20 minutes, or a little more if you want the stew to have less liquid.
Serve the hot accompanied by the chickpeas.