Peter started out his professional life as a restaurant critic but ended up moving to the kitchen, realizing that his passion didn’t only lie in tasting the food, but MAKING it. Follow his delicious recipes, as well as useful articles about the many benefits healthy and delicious food will bring to your life.+ info
Omega-3 fatty acids are another nutrient about which there are doubts in vegetarian diets. Here we tell you its benefits and where it can be found.
Among those who eat a plant-based diet, it is common to talk about omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s are a type of fatty acid that our body needs and cannot synthesize on its own, so incorporating it into the diet is essential.
- It helps lower blood pressure.
- Reduces triglycerides.
- Slows the development of plaque in the arteries.
- Reduces the risk of heart attack and other heart-related diseases.
- It is good for your skin.
- It can improve mental disorders.
- It helps fight autoimmune diseases.
The benefits are many and vital for optimal health. One of the main sources of omega-3 is fish, but for those who do not consume it, we show you five foods to obtain omega 3 in vegan diets.