These masks contain ingredients such as honey, strawberries, and yogurt that will help you eliminate excess oil on your face. Keep reading!
Oatmeal, yogurt, and strawberries may be common products in your kitchen, but they are also very nutritious for your skin.
Let's have a look at the benefit of each ingredient for oily skin:
- It has antibacterial and antiseptic properties, so it's great for oily and acne-prone skin. Honey is also a natural humectant, so it helps keep the skin stay hydrated but not oily.
- Oats have absorbent qualities that reduce excess oil production, leaving your skin smooth, bright, and matte looking.
- Oatmeal is also very moisturizing, so it tricks oily skin into producing less oil.
- When applied to your skin, it will reduce irritation and redness.
- It is a great exfoliator and controls excess sebum on the skin.
- It also contains potassium, and vitamins E and C, which all promote clear glowing skin.
- It helps moisturize.
- Strawberries are rich in vitamin C, they nourish and revitalize oily skin.
- As strawberries are acidic, they are effective to remove the excess sebum on the skin.
- Milk helps to considerably reduce the oil formation.
- Milk will also help fight against the unwanted oily bacteria sticking against the walls of the epidermis.
- Lemon juice instantly brightens up your complexion.
- Its citric acid also works as an astringent, helping to tone and control oily skin.
- Apples moisturize the skin without making it greasy.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties.
- It soothes sensitive, irritated skin and helps keep redness and itchiness under control.
- It has an astringent effect–reducing oiliness.
- It also cleanses and shrinks pores.
- Its zinc content regulates oil production and works as an astringent.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Now be ready to know how to use them in homemade masks. Pay close attention!