A recipe suitable for vegans and celiacs
The gnocchi originated in Italy due to the economic crisis that the country was facing during the 19th century. Traditional gnocchi are made with potatoes, a low-cost and easily accessible ingredient. They are part of the pasta family, despite having different ingredients and preparation.
Our recipe today is made with chickpeas and topped with pesto, avocado and zucchini. A delicious dish suitable for vegans and celiacs.
Time 0 Minutes
1) Soak the chickpeas for at least 10 hours. Drain and cook for half an hour in boiling water with a little salt. Drain and using a food processor, purée them. Then add the egg, oil and salt and mix well.
2) Place the dough in a bowl, add the chickpea flour and mix with your hands until the dough has the consistency that will allow to shape it into gnocchi. Wrap in a kitchen foil and leave in the fridge for about an hour.
3) Take the dough out of the fridge and use it to make long strings (like a sausage). Then cut into small pieces. You can use a fork to make stripes on the gnocchi for decoration.
4) Place the gnocchi on a large tray so they dry out a little, cook in boiling water for about 3 minutes.
1) Cut the zucchini into thin stips.
2) In a blender, blend the chopped avocado, pesto and lemon juice until you get a thick cream.
3) Mix the pasta with the avocado sauce and then add the raw zucchini noodles.
4) Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and decorate our delicious chickpea gnocchi with pesto, avocado and zucchini.