5 Non-traditional ways to meditate 5 Non-traditional ways to meditate

5 Non-traditional ways to meditate

If you are like me, it is sometimes difficult to take the time to meditate and concentrate. But these 5 non-traditional techniques are just as good.

There is no "correct" way to meditate. Meditation is a very personal experience and it should be adapted to your lifestyle and your personality too. 

Maybe you are not the kind of person that can set aside 30 minutes a day to meditate, but that shouldn't be a reason to stop trying. 

These are 5 Non-traditional ways to meditate

1. Body scan

Body scan is basically checking mentally every part of your body from head to toes. In a comfortable position, close your eyes and visualize every part of your body, I like starting from my feet upwards. Ask what it needs, how it's doing, and how you can make it feel better. 

Body scan

2. Guided meditation

This is one of my favorite practices. There are tons of audios in Spotify or Youtube that are great to pull your attention from current thoughts. 

Guided meditation

3. Mindful training

Mindfulness is a very good tool when you need to unwind. Spend whatever time you have to meditate, paying attention to the moment. 

Mindful training

4. Resting awareness

It consists of acknowledging a thought or something that worries you and letting it go when you can't do anything about it. 

Resting awareness

5. Sound baths

Sound bath meditation is also one of my favorite types of meditation. Let the enchanting sounds wash away al the negativity, here's one of my favorite videos:

Aniela Dybiec

Aniela is a writer who loves art, makeup, and magick. She is also an amateur illustrator, a wellness fan and a vegetarian.+ info

Related Articles

More News

More News