These delicious vegan buns are uber-healthy and super easy to make. No baking and no kneading! All you need is 4 simple ingredients and a frying pan.
Time 0 Minutes
Type American / Western
6g of yeast is roughly 2 tsp
1. Make the dough
1. Warm up approximately half of the vegetabnle milk. It has to be warm, not hot. Then mix with the sugar and add the yeast. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
2. In a blender or food processor, pulse the oats until they are ground.
3. Mix the ground oats with the yeast, sugar and milk mixture. Then add the rest of the milk and mix well.
4. Cover the bowl and leave to proof for 1 hour.
2. Make the buns
1. Cover your hands with flour and make buns with the dough. They have to be about 1cm thick.
2. Heat a frying pan with a little oil.
3. Place the buns in the pan and cook covered for about 10 minutes. Then turn them around, cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
All done! Enjoy with avocado, peanut butter and jam or any favourite topping!