If you want to develop your muscles, not just any exercise will do. Some are aerobic exercises, for which you need oxygen. Others, like anaerobic, are designed to make your muscles grow.2
If you want to lose weight, you have to take into account that although aerobic exercise burns fat, it is convenient to combine it with anaerobic exercise to build up muscle strength.
In the long term, the increase in muscle mass helps to eliminate excess fat and control weight.
Best for your health: combine both exercises
In fact, both types of exercise are involved in any physical activity, so it would be correct to say that an exercise is predominantly aerobic or predominantly anaerobic.
During anaerobic exercise, the heart is forced to pump blood rapidly for a short period of time, and this helps strengthen the circulatory system.
Combining and alternating the two exercises is therefore beneficial for the body.
The main health benefits of aerobic exercise are:
- Develop muscle mass and strengthens the muscles.
- Improve the ability to fight fatigue.
- Make the heart and the circulatory system work and increases the amount of oxygen that can be consumed during exercise.
- Help avoid excess fat and to control weight.
What exercises can I do?
- Weight Lifting. You can start with simple routines. Lifting weights from 2 to 3 kilos, to increase. Trainers recommend exercises with weights of about 7 kilos to force the muscles.
- Abs and Core. This is an important point when developing muscles. It is probably one of the most sought-after objects of desire. You can plan a series of 10 sit-ups that you will later increase.
- Interval training. Short, high-speed runs develop the muscles of the entire body, especially but not only the legs. You should plan races that allow you to increase your time without decreasing your speed.
It is important that you can check your heart, your lung capacity, and all that is necessary to develop your exercises in a healthy way. As usual professional advice from a PT is recommended for safe and optimal results.1